Five fabulous things for if you feel a bit blahhhhh, a bit blurghhhh or a bit gahhhhhh….
1. The first one is a bit running related. Revive your mojo and all that.
Choose somewhere new. Today we did go to run somewhere new, it’s called Woody point and it has a shipwreck and a couple of coffee shops. We hadn’t run here before and set off at a great pace to go around a corner and come to a dead end. As there were people walking behind us we just did some looking at our watches and stretches like we totally meant to do that. Then we set off on the proper run! Go somewhere new, find a dead end, then see where you end up. This works for walking too.
2. Clean out your wardrobe. Now decluttering has always been my thing. I love it and I chuck things out with reckless abandon. I’m not nostalgic, nah, my memories are all in my head. Recently we have been clearing some wardrobe space and with some inspiration from a fellow blogger I chucked out 3 bin bags and a rucksack today. Well I actually took them to the charity bins. Then I bought a shoe rack in one of those places that sell a lot of plastic boxes and things to hang in your shower. This does sound a bit boring but it actually is good for you in so many ways you might not realise. That’s a whole blog post in itself but I am a believer. Watch this spot and I will try to do a post on that sometime soon.
For the fellow blogger wardrobe tidy check out this….here
When I moved to NZ from England I could only have a suitcase so had to get rid of a 4 bedroom house full of stuff. There was a particularly memorable moment of me smashing all the pasta bowls against the kitchen wall. I was overwrought. Hysterical. You can either do it like that or take them down to Salvos. Both ways work.
3. Make some tumeric tea. That is pure sunshine. Go sweet and heavy like you are on a train in India or go without the sweet if you don’t care. It doesn’t matter. Just drink the sunshine. Put it in a special cup, make a tray, grab a blanket. Tumeric tea is one of my very fave things in the world. Yup. Try these.. Tumeric tea love.
4. Go for breakfast at The Hilton. You can go as a guest. You just rock up. You might have to pick and choose a bit, for instance the Sydney Hilton is much better than the Brisbane Hilton. I just really like the breakfast at The Hilton. You can pick and choose and have teeny shots of wheatgrass and allsorts. There’s a massive variety of nosh and you can take as long as you like. Dress up and swan in. You can also do this for lunch but I would choose other hotels for that. It can be a lovely way to spend a morning.
5. Try some guided meditation. I do have some faves, Deepak Chopra is my go to because I love his voice. The Soul of Healing is in the I tunes store. Always try to listen to a sample as I once got one that sounded a bit like Pauline Hanson. Now there would never be any bloody need for that! Do yourself a favour and listen to the sample, then tuck yourself up under a blanket and be soothed. Everyone needs to stop sometimes. Give yourself 10 mins and see how you find it. Some people in my past are only alive because of Deepak.