Listen up… Doc Q’s 10 top tips:
- Regular testing… you won’t know you’ve got syphilis or rectal chlamydia unless you have a test.
- A lot of STIs cause no symptoms, that’s why it’s important to have regular sexual health checks.
- PrEP – it works to prevent you from getting HIV, get on it, especially if you’re not using condoms.
- Gargling with Listerine after sex may protect you from gonorrhoea in the throat according to a recent study.
- HPV Vaccination will protect you against anal cancer. Save your dollars and get it.
- If you’re having chemsex you are at much greater risk of getting HIV. For realz.
- Viagra plus poppers is dangerous. Passing out during the act is never sexy!
- Regular douching is actually really bad for your colon. Try a high fibre diet instead.
- Anal warts… we can freeze those off. Go see your Doc, they’ve seen it all before.
- Yes! You still need to use a condom if you want to protect yourself from most STIs.